And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Isaiah. And he opened the book, and found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor: He hath sent me to proclaim release to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord. -Luke 4:16-19
What We Do
Our Mission is to innovatively go into urban areas with the Gospel of Jesus Christ with the deliberate intention of making disciples and facilitating unity with cooperating churches; creating bridges that link Suburban and urban churches for the Glory of Christ, through the ministries of…
- Starting- Evangelism
- Strengthening- Discipleship
- Stretching- Cultural Reconciliation
The Captive Ministry was started in 2007 after a violent and tragic summer in Milwaukee WI. With a passion to see lives, families, and neighborhoods experience the lasting change that comes through a relationship with Christ. The Lord called Richard and Aurelia Brown to start The Captive Project . Today, as a ministry of Converge Great Lakes, we are part of a movement known around the country for church planting, evangelism and diversity initiatives.
1. Establish The Captive Project brand as a trusted instrument of ministry for Christ.
2. Facilitate a visual unifying atmosphere for the Body of Christ in the city of Milwaukee, for the purpose of fulfilling the mission of Christ.
3. Search out like-minded Believers who resonate with our mission and will assist in the development of a self-sustaining mechanism of support for The Captive Project.